Sending and receiving email in MS CRM is job of Email Router. Email router is a mediator between MS CRM and Exchange server. To make it mediator we needs to install and configure.
Here are email installation steps.
- Download it from Microsoft site from here è add link
- Once you execute it, it will ask you extract location
- Then email router installation wizard will start
- Get Updates from MS
- Click next
- Accept agreement to proceed further
- If windows live id and / or MS online services sign is not installed, then it will show error message, but don’t worry click install, router setup will download it and install for you.
- Select the option and proceed
- Select router installation location and proceed
email exchange issue 2
- If MS Exchange MAPI and / or Email application is not set as default application for email then above error will appear
- To resolve this issue, you needs to install MAPI client library here is the link to download it and here is MS KB article for this.
- Once MAPI client library is installed, rerun email router setup, this time it will populate green window. J
- Click Next button to proceed further
- Click Install to install the setup, our installation preparation is complete
- But if local encryption is enabled, you can’t complete email router successfully, but if you click on ‘Retry’ button, setup will be successfully completed but you cannot configure it properly. During configuration it will display below window
- To sort this issue, local encryption needs to be off. To do it here are there steps
- Open control panel
- Administrative tools è Local Security Policy: it will open a security editor window
- In Local Security Policy look for ‘Security Settings è Local Policies è Security Options’
- It will show you all the policy list, out of it open ‘System Cryptography’
- And disable it
- Once local security got disabled, run email router setup again. This time it will not display any error. (At least it happened with me J ) That’s it. Here you will find email router configuration.
- Email router installation has been completed