In MSD 365, developer’s life is much easier than earlier. I do remember my team invested days to developer editable grids for an entity on from.
But now it’s just out of the box feature, it’s cool, isn’t it?
This feature has been introduced in MSD CRM 2015 but it was for very limited entities. But now it’s available for almost all entities including custom entities.
For this we need enable entity to be editable. Here are the steps to make it enable
- Go to customisation
- Open entity configuration
- Click on Control to add editable grid for the entity
- now select it behaviour
- After behaviour selection, publish the entity.
- It will make main view as editable on the fly.
- You can undo this editable grid any time in future, for that just delete added control and publish the entity
- That’s it.