The October ’18 wave of business application releases from Microsoft provides you with significant capabilities to transform your business. These new services and capabilities become available starting in October 2018.
- Enhancements to Dynamics 365 applications include hundreds of new capabilities across Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Portals, Omni-channel Engagement Hub, Field Service, Project Service, Social Engagement, Finance and Operations, Talent, Retail, and Business Central. We’re introducing a new set of mixed reality experiences using Microsoft Layout and Microsoft Remote Assist.
- Field Service enhancements
- Work orders with multiple resources (crews) can be defined and scheduled.
- Customer expectations can be defined and met through entitlement and service level agreement (SLA) functionality.
- The organization can be more efficient through more accurate work durations based on actual historical results.
- Advanced pricing functionality now enables accurate cost tracking based on roles or other attributes.
- Many improvements in Scheduling and RSO
- Field Service Mobile
- will keep sharing background location
- improved Microsoft Bot Framework
- Notifications: Out of the box, the mobile application now allows field service technicians to receive push notifications any time they are assigned a booking, one of their bookings has changed, or when they have arrived onsite for a work order (provided location is being shared). When and how push notifications are triggered is entirely configurable and can be customized for any use case. Push notification reminders can improve the timeliness of technicians and accuracy of logging.
- Improvements with Connected Field Service:
For the first phase of integration, the focus of the integration solution will be through Microsoft Flow. This is a one-way communication from IoT Central to Connected Field Service. With IoT Central monitoring remote devices, any measurements that exceed thresholds defined in IoT Central will trigger an action to fire an alert in CFS. Field service managers can group these alerts by criteria such as customer asset and incident type.
For the October ’18 release, technicians can be equipped with an act on insight from IoT devices when on site, with a few options depending on the state of IoT Central.
- Embed IoT Central device state and measurement visuals directly within the Field Service mobile application.
- Store telemetry data from IoT Central in an Azure blob and enable an embedded Power BI visualizing the data.
- Allow technicians to send commands from the Field Service mobile application back to IoT Central.
- Out-of-box integration with Finance and Operation: This integration allows for master data (account, product, and price list) and work order data to be pushed to sales orders when work orders are marked as closed. It also offers warehouse, purchase order, and invoice integration.
- New intelligence applications employ decades of AI work pioneered by Microsoft Research to make Dynamics 365 more intelligent. You can enhance sales performance and plan with the new Dynamics 365 AI for Sales application.
- New Power platform capabilities combine Power BI, PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, the Common Data Service for Apps, and Power BI data flows into an unmatched palette of tools to extend, customize, and integrate Dynamics 365 and Office 365 into your environment.
- Data integration provides built-in connectivity to the Power platform and more, with data across hundreds of business systems, enabling rich and intelligent experiences. The Common Data Model provides semantic consistency for canonical business entities across Dynamics 365, Common Data Service for Apps, and Power BI dataflows, increasing value and saving time for application developers, ISV partners, and integrators.
- Deeper integrations with other Microsoft products offer seamless experiences with Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, Stream, Azure, and LinkedIn. We’ve enhanced Dynamics 365 with data and signal from Office 365 and Bing.
Performance, usability, and supportability enhancements improve the applications and underlying platform and provide a better experience for you to run your businesses.