Few days back we upgraded (on premise) CRM 2011 to CRM 2015 (What’s new in MS CRM 2015), trying to summarize that upgrade. I am going to mention only the things I tried only, you may find some other alternatives for same as well. J
Some times your MS CRM organization may take much more time than usual, but due to that your organization import get failed. In this you needs to increase your CRM import time, here are the step for it.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM
- Right-click MSCRM, point to New, and then click DWORD Value to create a new DWORD value.
- Rename the DWORD value to the following value: OLEDBTimeout
- Right-click the DWORD value, and then click Modify.
- In the Edit DWORD Value dialog box, type 86400 in the Value data box, click Decimal in the Base option, and then click OK.
- That’s it
Note: According to the requirement of the computer that is running SQL server and the number of customization files, the value can be larger than 86400. The value of 86400 is equivalent to 24 hours.